Wednesday, September 5, 2012

One Day Down

Only 172 more to go.  Our first day was a success, at least as far as I can tell.  These boys of mine are not big on talking about their day.  "Good", is what Jack had to say.  "I don't remember" is all I got from Micah.









Finn said, "Take a picture of me!"

What I do know is that they were ready and excited this morning. I found Jack in our bed at 6:45 when I went to wake up Brandon. For the first time in a long time, he was up and out of bed without bribes, threats, or ultimatums.  Micah was not far behind, getting himself dressed including shoes and SOCKS.  After a special breakfast of pancakes and a forced photo shoot, we were all piled in the car ready to go. On time, I thought, until we arrived at school and realized we were the LAST parents to be dropping of their kids.  Seriously. Both classes had all the students sitting at desks, quietly working, no parents in sight. Trying to be nonchalant as we took photos and kissed an already embarrassed Jack good-bye.  Once again, Jack did not want to be walked to class. As soon as we got close to school he asked if we could just drop him off. Um, no, we would like to walk you into class, thanks.  That was the only time Jack cried.  I'm not sure I will ever understand this kid.







Finn whispering in my ear, "Can we have an adventure?"




HUGGIES!
There you have it. The boys' first day of school at their new school. Fingers crossed that they will wake up tomorrow and be willing to go back!

No comments: