Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Call Me Crazy

I'm sure you already do, but in case still thought I was perfectly sane let me tell you how I spent my Labor Day.

With two of the three boys starting a brand new school on Wednesday, you would think I would be busy getting ready for school. Or, because I was wallowing in grief that they would both be gone all day I would be spending an amazing last day with them.  Wrong.  Instead I tackled a project that has been bothering me for 4 years.  My Dining Room.


I have hated this color since we painted it the weekend before we moved in.  I have brought numerous odd pieces of furniture into this room in attempts to deflect from the overall brownness of it.  I have made curtains, hung pictures, re-arranged furniture, but nothing helped. Finally I had had enough. The brown had to go.


So, while the boys' school supplies sat piled up on the table, Brandon continued to work on the kitchen remodel, I emptied the dining room of all non-essential furniture. I took down pictures, patched holes, washed walls, and then started covering the walls with primer.

Now I have a mess in my kitchen, an unusable dining room, a living room that has become the dumping grounds, and the first day of school looming.  The best part of all of this is that I can't finish the job until next weekend. This week is spent with soccer practice, back-to-school night, and convincing Jack that he will love his new school.

And that is how I spent my Labor Day.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Thinking of you painting has got me thinking I of me painting.... coincidentally, I've stuffed my purse full of color samples from the hardware store!