Tuesday, September 25, 2012

A Tough Decision

Today I had to make a tough choice. Should I take the super-crazy-energetic dog on a long walk or go sit at the coffee shop and re-group. It was a tough decision. It is sunny outside today and a walk would be good exercise for both me and the dog. On the other hand, I could drink yummy coffee, blog, and catch up on some emails.


So here I sit, eating a delicious peanut butter cookie (right before dinner) and drinking a tall cold brew.  I will try to walk off the extra pounds next week. Today I want to just sit here and enjoy my moment of peace. Oh wait, that is what I did last week too.  One of these days I promise I will take that walk, but coffee is my siren's call.

In other news I have recovered from my crying debacle of last week.  This morning I ironed some slacks, put on nice clothes, and went in for a substitute teaching interview.  IWIILLNOTCRY, IWILLNOTCRY, IWILLNOTCRY; was my mantra running through my head. I was confident, I could do this. But then, they asked their first question, and yes, it made me cry.  Only little tears, ones that could quickly be wiped away, and the interview progressed mostly-tear free.

I'm thinking maybe it's time to up my medication.  Just a thought.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Who doesn't cry for that kind of question? And on the coffee, cookie note, enjoy! Life's short and cookies are delicious.

Anonymous said...

Taking care of yourself is one of the best things you can do for your kids! Take the coffee breaks when you can get them and don't feel bad about having emotions. We all do!