Friday, October 21, 2011

Finally Friday

Growing up I listened to KMPS faithfully and I can't even type the words "finally Friday" without hearing their 5:00 song playing in my head. That is how I feel right now. Finally Friday, the weekend is here.... (not really sure what comes next).

This has been a long week. I don't know why exactly, but I am so glad to know that I am in the final 15 minutes before the husband walks in the door and the weekend can officially begin.

Monday was my quote/unquote bosses birthday so I made her cupcakes to celebrate. And then ate at least 5 of them in secret.  But they were funfetti and so so good.

Tuesday started off great. I had 2 hours to myself at my favorite coffee shop at the beginning of the day. Groceries were delivered that day, and I had an impromptu lunch date at Red Robin with two of my boys. But sometime between lunch and my small group that night I fell apart. Not sure if it was the cold that was just beginning, but my friends who saw me that night can very clearly state: I am not a pretty crier.

Wednesday was the day I drank a whole pot of coffee and then ate the rest of the box of girl scout cookies, the ones I had hidden in the back of the pantry. Okay, not all of them. I was down to the last one with Micah came out and saw what I was doing. Needless to say I had to share.

Thursday, well, Thursday started off with the unfortunate incident I wrote about here. Then a trip to Joann's where I, for some crazy reason, believed I had some skill with a needle and thread. I proceeded to buy $50 worth of stuff to make Halloween costumes.  What started out as a simple cape with a glued on logo, now has a utility belt that I am going to construct with removable parts. Um, right.

Friday is finally here. I had a great time volunteering in the library at my son's school today. It was one of those moments where I was silently patting myself on the back for how well behaved my two-year old was. I was even thinking that the librarian herself must be impressed by me. Who else could shelve all the non-fiction books, in under an hour, with a two year old sitting quietly the whole time. I MUST be amazing.  Since I had that thought, I am sure the next time I go will be a complete disaster.

I have just finished my short NF double shot cappuccino and I am feeling fine! The boys are watching their dinner show, said dinner is on the stove cooking and smells okay so far, and I now have only 8 minutes until their Dad is home.

Friday, I am so happy to see you.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Do you hear the end of the work day whistle too? I do! Friday for us seems to signal the start of social time and we are overrun with friends running in and out or we are driving the kids places. Fun times!