Wednesday, March 2, 2011

A Career in Comedy? I Think Not.

Lucky for us, the boys have discovered jokes.  It started simply enough, with Brandon teaching them, "Guess What? Chicken Butt!" and "Guess Why? Chicken Thigh!" Those quickly just turned into yelling "butt" because that word alone was funny enough.  Really, what good joke doesn't end with the word "butt " or "poop"?  At least to a 6 year old boy.

Today on the way to school the boys were trying to impress the little girl in our carpool with their joke skills.  

Micah starts off the joke-fest by stating that he knows more jokes then Jack.  

Micah: Why did the chicken cross the road?
Me: Why?
Micah: I don't know

Get it??  Side splitting funny, I know.

Jack then gets on the action with his version of the same joke.

Jack: Why did the beaver slap his tail on the water and then dive underneath and swim into his den?
Me: Um, is this a joke? Sounds more like a fact? But, okay, why?
Jack: To get away from the otter, which is a natural predator to the beaver. By slapping his tail on the water he is warning the other beavers to get into the den for safety!

Are you rolling on the floor laughing? Tears streaming down your face because it is so funny? No, hmm, that is shocking.  I don't think my boys are going to be able to go the comedy route. 

I had high hopes for Jack's joke, seeing as how it started off with the word "beaver".

You know, because, beavers are such funny animals.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I think their mom might have a career in comedy...this blog had me laughing out loud! :) Makes me think of another little boy telling jokes...courtesy of David "What's brown and sticky? A stick!" Love my joke telling nephews so much!!! :)

Michelle said...

Send them to me! I'll teach them "I gotcha where I wancha, now I'm going to eat ya".....classic funny that appeals to all ages!