Friday, October 8, 2010

I had great plans. Really great plans. I had a list of work related items to accomplish (MOPS, Sunday school, lesson planning) but then I was going to write. I was going to write several blog posts and just save them. I have had lots of ideas floating around in my head. I was so excited.

Then I spent 2 1/2 hours creating a flyer. A FLYER!! One that will probably not even be used or seen or even draw people in.  Nonetheless, I spent my entire free time trying to figure out how to add graphics, move those darn graphics, and add a border.  A BORDER! That took me a good half hour at least.

I used to be good at this. Creating newsletters, flyers, documents. First for my job as a program assistant at an adoption agency and then as a teacher.  5 years of motherhood and I am a total and complete novice. My husband would die if he saw the brutal text boxes, image copying, and font styles I have attempted. He would also be laughing at my 'think-hair' and the many times I threw my hands in the air and loudly *sighed*. In public, at a coffee shop. I am pretty sure the little girl sitting at the table next to me thinks I am crazy.

Alas, it is now 6:00, I only accomplished 1 thing on my todo list and it is time to go home.  Dinner, bed-time, clean-up, and I might attempt to get back on-line.  But if I do, I really should plan my lessons for Monday. Or for Sunday, for that matter. Or send out the RSVP's I promised I would do yesterday.

But gosh darn it, that flyer is done!

No comments: