Friday, June 22, 2012

First & Last

Today was Jack's last day of school. He is officially a 1st grader now.  I would wax on all eloquently and sappy about how I can't believe he is a 1st grader, blah, blah, blah; but since he is 7 already, I feel like it is ABOUT TIME!

Here is Jack on the first day of school:



Jack's Desk

Reading Stories Before School Starts

Saying Goodbye

And here he is on the last day of school:



Um, yeah. We were much happier on the first day then on the last day. I'm not 100% sure why, I don't know if it was the excitement of school starting and all things being new. Or the fact that the sun was actually shining. But it was a much more enjoyable picture taking experience then what we had this morning.

Jack's Desk

One Last Story

Saying "Goodbye" to Teacher Liz
Luckily, by the end of the day when Brandon went to pick up Jack (and yes, I was home napping); Jack seemed just fine. He said he had a great day and that his favorite part was the party. I am glad for that, I am also glad that school is over.

I did find out that Jack is looping to first grade with his current teacher. That is good news, I think. She is used to my crying and rambling emails and/or phone messages. And I think she likes me, or she is just really polite. I'm not sure.

Either way first grade here we come!

No comments: