Thursday, February 2, 2012

Stop Following Me!

Please, I am begging you! Don't follow me on Pinterest. I don't understand what it is, or what it is for, or how to use it, or really what the point of it all is.  I'm not even sure how to say it. My mind immediately thinks: pine-trest. Which, obviously makes no sense, and also shows you my very week phonic skills. I think it is supposed to be: pin-terest. Get it, PIN-terest, something you are interested in that you pin?

I only signed on to Pinterest because a good friend of mine was on FB begging for an invitation. I had one in my inbox but had never finished the registration process, because it freaked me out.  But that night I decided to. I went to the site, created a profile, and began pinning away!

But that is the problem, and the reason you need to stop following me. I have only pinned one thing. Some weird little candle votive idea that I needed for MOPS. That was the one and only time I have been on Pinterest. But everyday I get a new email that someone is following me.

Please, stop!! I have nothing pinned, I will have nothing pinned, I really truly do not get this whole thing that is Pinterest!  You are just simply "pinning" pictures of things you like? Not the directions on how to do it, or even a reason why, aside from "so cute!" or "I love this" or "I want this". Which, is just really weird to me.

I've embraced the whole blogging world (obviously) which I use to think was bizarre, but this Pinterest thing, I just can not understand it.

P.S. Even though I just typed "Pinterest"  6 or 7 times, I still think it should be "Pine-trest". It's just easier to say. Maybe I'll start my own website, Pine-trest: dedicated to all those who struggle with phonetics and finding things to pin.  Although, that may be a very small group of people.  Like, just 1.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I do not understand Pinterest either! It's funny you mention phonics, because I was just telling L I do not understand how I read since I do not understand phonics. She told me it's just sounding out the letter sounds. Right. And what would they sound like again?

PS I'm going to follow you, if I can ever figure out Pinterest!

Lisa said...

That's so funny! My friend Laura keeps telling me I need to get on Pinterest and all I can think is, "What's the point?!" Glad to see I'm not alone. :)